SPiCE³ (Sectoral Platform in Chemicals for Energy Efficiency Excellence) is a ground-breaking multinational project in the European chemical industry supported and coordinated by Cefic. The project enables all chemical companies to enhance their energy efficiency through tools such as:
- Online platform: Available in 12 languages, this provides a one-stop shop for energy efficiency information
- Workshops: Local events raise awareness of energy management tools, best practices and energy efficiency measures
- On-site trainings: Provide chemical SMEs with concrete and case-specific technical support
- Energy efficiency award scheme: Recognises and promotes SME efforts in the field of energy efficiency
- European level events: Present and discuss achievements of the project.
Now in its second phase, SPiCE³ continues to be supported through a fresh investment round by Cefic, demonstrating the industry’s commitment to continuing to enhance energy efficiency both for the competitiveness of Europe’s manufacturing and the positive impact it can have on Europe’s climate goals. The second phase will run from 2016 to 2017 and continue to deliver hands-on support to both small and large chemical companies, in particular the SPiCE³ online platform which will be regularly updated with interesting and useful new material, including enhanced best practices, industry case studies, news, tools and guides.
During the project’s first phase which was co-funded by the European Commission and ran from April 2013 to June 2015, it reached around 6,500 European companies through an online platform, newsletter and hands-on actions such as:
- 63 SME on-site trainings
- 48 workshops at the local level reaching more than 650 participants
- 3 EU-wide events raising awareness of energy management best practices
- www.spice3.eu, an online portal for energy efficiency information and resources, including case studies, best practices, funding guides and newsletters.
Access the SPiCE³ case studies
Download the SPiCE³ outcome report - Issued in August 2015
Watch the SPiCE³ project video below: